Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Shawl Slut

I haven't even finished my Leaf Lace shawl (8 rows to go) and I've gone and bought more yarn for a new one. In my defense, this one is for my upcoming travels - a weekend trip to Toronto followed by a week-long trip to Los Angeles.

I got this...



...to make this. I got the pattern even before I got the one for the Leaf Lace shawl and never did anything with it. I thought I would do another Koigu one, and even got some yarn for it but after the LL shawl I am not quite ready to dive into another fingering weight yarn. So, the Lorna's Laces sportweight seemed like the right thing to do. The colors look SOOOOO nice all wound up into cakes. Sigh. I'll be doing it on size 8 needles. I think that sounds about right.

I just hope that the airline security doesn't steal my needles! If anyone has any advice on how to transport the project so that I can knit on the plane, please let me know.

No other photos today... I am limiting myself to the finished LL shawl. I think I could do the 8 rows tonight... if I skip my run!

No comments: