Monday, June 20, 2005

Ick

Dear Readers,
I got a terrible haircut this weekend. I cried like a baby for half an hour on Saturday morning. I think its partly my own fault, as I know this gal likes to go nutso with the tools. But this is just beyond incredible. We talked about givng me some shorter bangs, which I have. We also talked about leaving it long because I'm trying to grow it out. Um, what happened there?

I. Have. No. Hair. Left.

Except for the bangs. It seems like 2/3 of my hair is bangs. Oh, and the bottom layer of hair is long. So long that it looks like I have a mullet compared to the rest of my hair in bangs. Let me 'splain. I have curly curly curly hair. I also have very very very thin hair. I just so happen to have a lot of thin hair, so people are often surprised with they touch it and discover that I actually do have thin hair. All in all, nice soft ringlets are totally my thing. But not anymore, and probably not again for about a year or so. Yes, a year. That's how much hair she "texturized" out of my mane.

And so I cried. I got out of the shower, styled my hair, and started bawling. Mike had no idea what to do with me. I sat there in my undies crying my eyes out and moaning about how hideous I look and how terrible it is and how incredibly UGLY I feel. I only cried one other time about my hair. I was in college, Freshman or Soph year, and I decided that my fluff was suited to a pixie cut. I was wrong. Very wrong. So wrong that I left the salon my mom goes to (first mistake) and sat in my car, in the parking lot, and bawled. But I think this time is worse.

Now the debate kicks in. Do I get it Fixed? Or do I leave it alone? Leaving it along will sentence me to nearly a lifetime (just allow me this one dramatic moment) of skinny ponytails and mostly bangs. Fixing it will require another cut to bring up the sagging back and kick me out of the long-haired-girls club, at least until it grows back in. Fixing will take the length, what is left of it, to shoulder level or above, and make the entire thing feel a little bit more full. I'm torn. And I don't know if I want to see my Patti anymore for cuts.

Oh, the color looks great. At least the color looks great. I was born to be a redhead, fugly haircut or not.

Your hideousness,
Scrambled Eggs

No comments: