Friday, August 05, 2005

Shoes. Sigh.

I got a pair of flip flops yesterday after work. I think it was to make me feel better, which I don't like to do, but I also felt powerless to stop it.

I wear my ratty Teva flip flops to work every day. It is way too hot to deal with heels, and I figure that I don't give a crap if I don't have meetings, etc. But I should be wearing something a little more office apporpriate. Hence, these:



I really like them. And they are SO comfortable. I was hesitant at first because the sole is very thin, but it hasn't been a problem at all, and I've done a fair amount of walking today.


Yesterday was also much improved by sticking around the city after work and getting a drink with my honey. Its so great - just seeing his sweet sweet face after a hard day makes me melt. I walked into our bar and he was sitting there and smiling at me. He had the googly eyes and the beautiful smile and I swear a thousand pounds was lifted off of my shoulders just by looking at him looking at me with such love. Gosh I love that man. That, and after a few drinks the day seemed quite far away.

No comments: