Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Moving On

After all my whining and complianing about the OSW I made this weekend, what did I do last night? I cast on for another one, of course.

I have this amazing yarn that I love love love. I bought it first two winters ago in the orange/red color to make a hat, and loved it so much that I searched more than 3 yarn shops in the city to get more for a matching scarf. Which I started but never finished. It is so soft. It is so nice to the touch. It knits up beautifully. I had to adjust the pattern for the bigger gauge (about 3 stitches to the inch on size 11s), which seems to be working out fine.

I'll be doing long sleeves on this one, as I decided that I don't really like the no-sleeve thing on the other one. I'll probably just do "rectangle" sleeves with no shaping or tapering in an effort to get a gentle bell effect. I'll be leaving a rolled stockinette sleeve hem, but I still plan to do the 2x2 ribbing around the collar and back edge that the pattern calls for. Gosh, now I'm worried that I won't have enough yarn. I need to do approximately 7-8 more repeats of the main Row 3, Row 4 of the pattern, and I just finished my first 50g ball. Aside from the ball I just finished this morning (I knit a few rows before work!), I have at least 1 more unused ball and 3 in the unfinished scarf. Perhaps it'll be a 3/4 sleeve shrug...

Pictures to come tonight, as I am sure I'll make some big progress during the baseball game (Go Tribe!).

No comments: