Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Blahs

I guess I have the blahs today. I just don't feel interested in anything right now. I haven't answered more than two phone calls today and refuse to answer any more. I really just want to crawl back into bed, but its hot and our A/C sucked ass last night.

I suppose I can update on the BBFE's sister's baby blanket. Its coming along quite nicely. The past few days I've taken it on the subway with me for commuting, and its been a great knit for the train. Its easy to do and just the right mix of mindless and interesting. Last night I realized that I'm thisclose to the end of the first skein, so I decided to do a few rows in the A/C of my bedroom. It didn't hurt that the BBFE was watching baseball for the 2nd night in a row. I freaking hate baseball. Sure, I can tolerate it when I have to, but a 3-game series? Forget it. I'm so done. Anyhow, since it looks the same only larger, I won't be posting another photo until I turn the half-way point and reverse the stockinete sections. That will make for great drama.

I'm also worried about having enough yarn for the Scarlet shrug. I think I will, but I'm not convinced I'll actually be able to finish both of the sleeves. That made me think about alternates - I could pick one of the common colors in a solid of the same gauge (Lambs Pride Bulky would probably work well) and make the sleeves and the ribbing out of that. That would certainly provide some visual interest. I'm also concerned about it being too big across the back, as I think I translated the gauge wrong during my cast on. But then, if I increase the ribbing section, I may be able to pull it tighter with some sort of fastener. Its worth a shot, as I am enoying the knitting.

Ok, so I feel less blah after talking about my creations. Oh - wait - nope. There it is. Blah still exists.

No comments: