Monday, August 29, 2005

Gimme a break...

Um, does anyone remember when Teri Hatcher was totally freaking anorexic, after her stint as Lois Lane ended? Because I do. It was everywhere. She had total lollipop head syndrome, and was truly disgusting. And now this, a lovely quote from the MSN gossip pages:

Did recent snaps of Teri Hatcher's alarmingly pin-thin gams make you want to FedEx her a carb-packed care package? Save your stamps. The "Desperate Housewives" star is fuming over the whispers that continue to swirl around her fat-free frame. "To think that I would need to stop eating and be anorexic and sick to get a job is the wrong message to send to girls and women in our society, and that really bugs me," Teri rails to the London Mirror. "I am all about health and to me size is not what defines your health. It never crossed my mind that if I was thinner I would get more jobs."
Its retarded. She did exactly that not so many years ago. This is infuriating. If you are going to preach the benefits of a healthy diet and comfort with your size, then own up to your own disease. And if you truly want to be a role model for girls and women in our society, own up to your troubles and say that its possible to break free of those chains with hard work and determination. Don't go spitting lies at the public about how you are a model citizen who eats regularly.

No comments: