Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Race Day!


I. Am. Awesome.

How awesome am I? I ran my 3.5 mile race, with 5,000 other runners/walkers in

35:30

That's thirty-five minutes and thirty seconds. That's two and a half minutes down from my practice run on Friday evening, and a minute faster than my first ever 5K (3.1 miles). My goal was under 40 minutes, and I more than beat that.



This is me, eating a peach right after crossing the finish line. Note the dorky knee brace (for stability) and the red face. Trust me, the red face is much more red and eggplant-y in person. Plus, the sweat. Oh, the sweat. It was nice and breezy at Jones Beach, but it was still humid and for the first part of the race, the sun was kinda hot. But I loved every second of it.

Oh, and I started the heel flap on my Jaywalker on my LIRR rides yesterday. I love the k1 sl1 heel flap - so awesome. But, not as awesome as me.

I suppose that awesome is the word of the day. I feel great. Hooray!

6 comments:

Nettie said...

Congrats you should feel awesome! I would only run that far if I was being chased or running after a kid = )

Veronique said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm in awe of your running prowess--you must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

yaay! congratulations!

carrie said...

congratulations!(and don't you just love jones beach?)

Cathi said...

You are such a stud! I am so sorry that I've been MIA- I am so proud of you! That's awesome! I hope that you treated yourself after the race.