Monday, July 24, 2006

Best of Times or Worst of Times? Mostly Worst.

I feel so battered right now. Could it be due to the asshole who manhandled me on the subway platform in his effort to RUN FOR THE TRAIN? I swear, this man tred to pick me up by grasping the outer edge of my shoulders and lift me clean off the ground to get me out of his way. I have a slight bruise blooming on my right shoulder, but I'm more startled than hurt. C'mon, fucker. There's an E train every 30 seconds in the morning at 34th Street. There was no reason for you to hurt me to make just this one. No job is that important that you have to hurt a girl in your effort to get there. I can only pray for karma, right?

But that isn't what really hurts me right now. I just did something that I have only done one other time in my life - I have called my therapist and asked for an emergency appointment. How's that for ominous?! I'm fine really, sure, I'm just fine, its only that I can't stand to be inside my own head and I think I need a wee bit more help right now and waiting until next week just isn't going to cut it.

(Edited, sorry if you missed it)

I'm sure I'm making a terribly psychotic impression on the Fort Greene knitting gals I met this weekend. I truly had a great time and hope that we can do it again. It just so happens that I need a little time like Saturday in my life right now, so it couldn't have come at a better moment. Thank you all for a lovely day!

5 comments:

Veronique said...

Oh no! Hang in there! We can plan more FG knitting time if needed.
By the way, I have to ask: does your bf read your blog?...

Anonymous said...

You didn't make a psychotic impression! It was lovely to meet you and anytime you need girl-time, call on your knitting friends!

carrie said...

it was so fun to meet you, tho i didn't immediately realize that you were you. (does that make sense?) blame it on the heat. hope i'll see you soon!

Anonymous said...

It seems that people are more likely to manhandle, shove, and slam small people like us on the subway platform--is it b/c they know we won't put up much of a fight, or are we so insubstantial they don't even register us as humans? Whatever it is, it drives me crazy too.
It was really nice to meet you on Saturday--and worry not about psychotic impressions, everyone has weeks that push them over the edge--hope the therapist was able to help!

Nettie said...

People on the subway suck but this guy is a special kind of asshole. I was glad to meet you on Sat. and I was also in need of some girl/knitter time. BTW I was working on the sleeves of Carla Sat. she is now all seamed up and ready to go now.