- My first semester graduate school officially starts today, though my classes are on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I won't start until then. I'm so freaking excited, yet worried about just how I'm going to manage full time work, full time life, part time school, gym obsession, and time with my hopefully soon-to-be-future-husband. My therapist is suggesting that I see this as a time of abundance (good) rather than a time of overwhelmingness (bad). Is that a word?
- I just spent $175 on books, so I'll be working through my current projects for a while. No more yarn purchases for me!
- On the current projects note, I'm still slogging away at the blankie-shawl. I'm into the fourth skein of yarn, which according to the pattern I'm using means that I should be done by know. But I want the shawl to be a little longer, so I'm going to continue. I think that this skein shall be my last, though, because there are just too many stitches on the needles right now. Picture as soon as I can get around to it.
- Socks! I am sock crazy right now, even though I'm still on the goshdarned leg of the damned thing. As this is my test pair, I think that this weekend I am going to go into the heel shaping, etc, and see if I can actually pull this off. As per my initial idea, the match to the pair shall be tried toe-up. I'm liking the sock-knitting, though. So portable, and I'm so interested in seeing what pattern is coming up next on the Trekking yarn.
- Sock confession: before the big book purchase, I did happen to place an order for enough yarn for two pairs of socks, size 1 dpns and a hugeass size 1 circular to experiment with Magic Loop.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
I feel like I've been writing a lot of those "I'm still here" posts lately. Sorry. I am committed to this blogging thing, I just haven't had the time or the energy to deal with it right now. How about a list?
Posted by Megann at 9:25 AM