Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh Dear

I just realized how incredibly long its been since I posted anything. Anything at all. I suppose there's tons to update, but is it even worth it as its been so darned long?

Aha! List it is!
  • I finished my first semester of graduate school, and somehow wound up with a 3.5 GPA. Now that's exciting news. I'm all registered for Fall, and ready for what will be a difficult semester as I'm taking a statistics/research class. Keeping my fingers crossed...
  • I got four new patterns and may have created an ebay addiction for vintage patterns, of which I am the proud owner of one. Pictures to come.
  • I started a Green Gable sweater in an effort to finally make a darned shirt to wear. I like how its coming so far. I am just a few rows away from the part where you separate the sleeves and get to try it on, so its the true test coming up. Whew.
  • I am in the middle of a few pairs of socks, all on foot #1. I am about to try my first short row heel on a toe-up sock with the orangey Trekking yarn featured in the last post, which as we've decided was ages ago. Maybe by the time I finish it'll be sock-wearing time again.
  • I'm still running and now have a new goal - I want to run a 5K in 30 minutes. I just clocked myself this weekend and I did 32:28 which isn't bad for someone with my stubby legs. I figure if I can work on some speed drills, I can easily shave off those two and a half minutes. My goal is by the end of the summer, so I guess that means Labor Day.
I have lots to say about all sorts of other stuff, but I think I'm taking a risk posting at work. I'll try to get some picks up at home in the next few days, and then be better about all this.

Welcome back to me!

No comments: